Sunday, March 31, 2013

College Major Vs. Money Review

   Earlier today I interviewed Michigan State University college junior, Khyrah Simpson for a closer look on why she choose the degree she is currently pursuing.

   Simpson said she decided she loved writing, more than journalism as a career and that she loves the majors, Psychology and Criminal Justice, that she is currently pursuing.

     Many college students understand that furthering their education will allow them to make more money in a career later in life. Yet some majors pay more that others and that has an effect on the major students are willing to choose.

   The US Census Bureau finds that different majors have an earning gap of around $6 million in a persons lifetime earnings, according to 247wallstreet.com

  Although money is a factor Simpson doesn't believe it should be the only one. "Definitely go with what you love, um, additional I did change my major because of the money but I ended going into something that I do love and I am passionate about it," Simpson said.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment