Sunday, March 31, 2013

Money vs. Major Preview

   Pulling up the couch in her living room at University village, Khyrah Simpson turns down the volume on her flat screen TV, while shutting off her IPhone and stares at the camera asking me if I'm ready to interview her on how important money played a role in her major.
      
     Some Michigan State University students feel that spending thousands of dollars on an education should pay off in the form of an income from a job after they graduate.

     When asked how much money played a role in the major she choose, MSU junior Simpson said, "It probably played a big role."

   Simpson was once a Journalism major who switched to a double major in Criminal Justice and Psychology.

   "When I came to Michigan State I knew exactly what I wanted to do, and that involved print journalism and I was made very aware that it's pretty much a dying field," Simpson said.

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment